Ernakulam Junction Railway Station Gets Automatic Ticket Vending Machine. 5 stations in the state was gifted with this facility namely Thiruvananthapuram,Kottayam,Ernakulam Junction,Alwaye and Thrissur. Passengers will no longer have to wait for unreserved tickets and Platform tickets at the conventional queue.Passengers can buy smart cards from any of the stations and can be recharged. A user should buy the card for Rs 100/- and Rs 48/ will be charged as deposit and the remaining 52/- can be used for bookings.Four tickets can be taken at a time. The card can be recharged in multiples of 100 and one card can be recharged for up to 5,000/-.The validity of the card is one year. Two facilitators are available at each stations to help the passengers. Apart from ticket bookings tickets can also be cancelled with the card for that the card will be deducted with Rs10/-. The facility was inaugurated by P Rajeev MP on Monday,23/9/2013.
Last 5 posts by Cochincity
- Kochi water metro project - June 20th, 2016
- Escalator At Ernakulam Junction-Railway Station - September 10th, 2013
- Athachamayam and Atham Trade Fare 2013 - September 6th, 2013
- All India Silk Saree Fest - Kochi - September 6th, 2013
- Harley Davidson Rock Riders Music Show - September 6th, 2013