Hill Palace Museum in Kochi is the largest Archaeological Museum in Kerala. It was built in 1865 and was the residence of the Kochi royal family. The palace is spread across 54 acres and has 49 buildings in traditional architectural style. In 1980 it was taken over by the department of Archaeology and was converted to a museum. From 1986 onwards it was open to the public.
The Museum is open to public from 9am to 4.30 pm on all days except Mondays and other public holidays. There is entrance fee and photography is prohibited inside the palace.
You can reach here by road from cochin. it about 4 km from Vyttilla
Last 5 posts by Cochincity
- Kochi water metro project - June 20th, 2016
- Ernakulam Railway Station Gets Automatic Ticket Vending Machine - September 28th, 2013
- Escalator At Ernakulam Junction-Railway Station - September 10th, 2013
- Athachamayam and Atham Trade Fare 2013 - September 6th, 2013
- All India Silk Saree Fest - Kochi - September 6th, 2013