Private buses in kochi will be off the road from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m today demanding the implementation of the minimum wages approved by the government.
Buses from other places will end their services outside the city. Talks were held between the representatives of the employees and the bus owners before the Regional Labour Commissioner but failed as the owners stuck to their stand that they will not hike the wages of the employees. The strike is to affect thousands of passengers who depend on private buses.K.S.R.T.C having a large number of Thirukochi services and low floor buses can compensate the strike. It is believed that the intensity of the strike may not be high as in the previous days.
Last 5 posts by Cochincity
- Kochi water metro project - June 20th, 2016
- Ernakulam Railway Station Gets Automatic Ticket Vending Machine - September 28th, 2013
- Escalator At Ernakulam Junction-Railway Station - September 10th, 2013
- Athachamayam and Atham Trade Fare 2013 - September 6th, 2013
- All India Silk Saree Fest - Kochi - September 6th, 2013